Recruitment begins for scholarship program preparing allied health students to serve children receiving special education
Are you a graduate student in the Allied Health Professions and considering working with students with disabilities after your graduation?
Get acquainted with this unique population by participating in the Interprofessional Preparation Program.
The Human Development Center at LSU Health New Orleans hosts the Interprofessional Preparation for Related Services Personnel Serving Children With Disabilities Who Have High Intensity Needs. Shortened to Interprofessional Preparation Program (IPP), this interdisciplinary program trains future related services personnel in interprofessional evaluation and management of school-age children with disabilities through observations and engagement in community-based environments.
Related Service Personnel are professionals who are not teachers that provide direct services to students in school environments. Related services disciplines include:
- Speech-language pathology
- Audiology services
- Interpreting services
- Psychological services
- Applied behavioral analysis
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Recreation, including therapeutic recreation
- Social work services
- Counseling services, including rehabilitation counseling
- Orientation and mobility services
IPP is a scholarship program offering:
- Full tuition for three-semesters of graduate work in a related service profession (see list on website)
- Books and materials for Project coursework
- Travel reimbursement for attendance and presentation at approved regional or national professional conference
- Cash stipend each semester
LSU Health New Orleans students who plan to one-day work with student with disabilities should apply!
Scholars can enter either in summer 2023 or fall 2023. The deadlines are below:
Summer 2023 entry:
- Application Due – 04/11/2023
- Acceptance Notice – 04/24/2023
- Orientation Meeting – 05/23/2023
Fall 2023 entry:
- Application Due – 06/19/2023
- Acceptance Notice – 07/18/2023
- Orientation – 08/15/2023