HDC Employment First Initiative
40 Hour Employment First CORE Training Certificate
LSUHSC-Human Development Center (HDC) in collaboration with Louisiana APSE is providing statewide Employment Specialist Core Training. This 40-hour training meets LRS vendor training requirements and Medicaid Employment provider rules. This comprehensive training incorporates national APSE’s CORE Supported Employment Competencies and includes three full days of classroom instruction and fieldwork assignments. Training topics include a variety of essential components and topics including; job development/marketing, assessment/discovery, job-site training, fading supports, WIOA, CMS Medicaid settings rule and SSA benefits and impact of earnings.
Class hours are 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. The fee for this class is $400 and includes training materials, presentation handouts, access to resources and a certificate of completion will be issued once identified course assignments have been completed and reviewed. The fee is $350 for Louisiana APSE members.
Alexandria, LA at LRS Regional Office, 900 Murray St
- December 10-12, 2019
- December 10-12, 2019
Baton Rouge at UpLIFTD 1979 Beaumont Avenue
- January 28-30, 2020
5.0 Hour SE Continuing Education Training
These training classes, co-sponsored by Louisiana APSE, meet LRS/LWC and OCDD guidelines for Community Rehabilitation Providers and their staff. Each of these classes counts as 5.0 hours of Continuing Education for LRS/LWC, OCDD, and CESP renewal accreditation. The LRS requirement for staff for renewal of vendorship is 20 hours every three years. Each class takes place on one day scheduled from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM. The fee for these classes is $100 per training class, $75 for Louisiana APSE members.
New Orleans, LA at LSU HDC, 411 South Prieur Street
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - Employment First History, Policy, and Funding
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - Assessment, Job Development, and Placement
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 - SSA Benefits, Job Site Training, and Natural Supports
Alexandria, LA at TBD
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - Employment First History, Policy, and Funding
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - Assessment, Job Development, and Placement
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - SSA Benefits, Job Site Training, and Natural Supports
Baton Rouge, LA at UpLIFTD, 1979 Beaumont Avenue
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - Employment First History, Policy, and Funding
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - Assessment, Job Development, and Placement
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 - SSA Benefits, Job Site Training, and Natural Supports