March is Developmental Disability Awareness Month
The goal for Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month 2018 is to create awareness about developmental disabilities, teach the importance of inclusion within every aspect of life, and to share the stories of individuals with a disability to show that a successful life is possible.
How to Participate:
- Share stories, photos, and videos that expand the conversation of inclusion and disability on your social media channels using #DDawareness18
- Search social media for #DDawareness18 and like, comment on, share, and retweet the posts from others
- Use this schedule to help guide the topic of your posts:
- March 1-9 (Week 1): See Me as your Classmate (share Education stories)
- March 10-16 (Week 2): See Me as your Coworker (share Employment stories)
- March 17-23 (Week 3): See Me as your Neighbor (share Community Living stories)
- March 24-30 (Week 4): See Me as your Friend (share any kind of story)
- See this resource guide for additional information and some suggestions of posts that you can share from campaign participants.
- Additional information, including graphics; social media links for AUCD, NACDD, and NDRN; informational webinar archives; and DD Awareness Proclamations from several states are posted online at NACDD.org/DDAM.