CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” announces Milestone Tracker app
CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program is pleased to announce the launch of its newest resource– the Milestone Tracker mobile app!
This new app makes it easy for parents and other care providers to track, support and celebrate young children’s developmental milestones, as well as share this important information.
Although it is packed with parent-friendly features, this app isn’t just for parents! Healthcare providers can use the app to assist with developmental surveillance as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and early care and education providers can use the app to better understand their students’ skills and abilities and to engage families in monitoring developmental progress.
The Milestone Tracker app features
- parent-friendly, interactive milestone checklists for ages 2 months through 5 years,
- photos and videos that illustrate milestones,
- personalized milestone summaries that can be easily shared with the child’s healthcare provider and others,
- tips and activities for supporting early development, including what to do if there’s a concern, and
- reminders for appointments and recommended developmental screening.
To hear more about the app’s unique features, receive tips on how to use the app to boost family engagement around developmental monitoring and screening, and get ideas for promoting the app in your community, register for the fall Act Early Webinar “CDC’s New Milestone Tracker: There’s an App for That!” , taking place on November 29th from 3pm to 4pm ET.
*WE NEED YOUR HELP to spread the word in your community and across your networks!
We urge you copy and share ready-to-use promotional language and images from the samples below, or email ActEarly@cdc.gov for the complete marketing toolkit with additional newsletter samples, images, web buttons, flyers, and more—tailored for parents, healthcare or early care and education providers.